Posted on April 17, 2017
DESIGN IS CREATIVITY WITH STRATEGY
At our Pongo Interior we believe a productive and dynamic space is born via a method of exploration, brainstorming, processing, filtering, and filtering again. This proven interior design process includes the following phases:
UNDERSTANDING YOUR GOALS.
Our team will conduct visioning sessions where we investigate and explore your goals, listen to your ideas, and most importantly, learn about your company culture.
Some of the information discussed and collected during the Programming stage includes:
- What are your goals for this project?
- What is your brand? Who is your target market?
- What do you like and what works about your existing space? What needs improvement?
- What is your budget?
CREATING A SPACE WITH PURPOSE.
We will develop a layout for your new space so that it is functional, safe, and accessible by examining the needs of your end users, as well as local building codes, traffic flow, and requested adjacencies or relationships.
In the Schematic Design stage you may receive:
- a site measure of your existing or new space and inventory of existing fixtures, furniture or equipment to be reused;
- creation of a CAD drawing based on existing site conditions;
- review of building code & local regulations as it pertains to your project;
- space plans; and
- a meeting or two to review and make changes to the layout.
TRANSFORMING YOUR VISION INTO A UNIQUE DESIGN PLAN.
Shouldn’t the design of your space be as unique as your business? We think so. Our design team is purposeful and mindful when expressing your brand image through the interior design. During this phase, your project will come to life in 3D – a perk you enjoy by working with us.
WORKING WITH MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS TO FIND THE BEST SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR PROJECT.
We work closely with our manufacturing and distributing contacts to select appropriate furniture that meets your budget, timeline, and functional requirements, while obtaining quotes to initiate orders.
In the Furniture stage you may receive:
- internal research of available furniture options;
- internal review of available options;
- basic 3D images of the design concept;
- selection of finishes for chosen furniture;
- one or two meetings to review and make changes to the proposed options; and
- quotes to initiate orders for furniture.
USING OUR EXPERIENCE TO FORMULATE A PACKAGE FOR PRICING AND CONSTRUCTION.
Contract documents typically consist of drawings and specifications; they provide the technical details to build your design plan. To help provide you with a complete design package, we coordinate with various project consultants including Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineers as well as building Architects.
In the Contract Document stage you may receive:
- a complete set of interior design construction drawings (ready for permits, pricing, and construction): floor plans, ceiling plans/basic lighting plans, basic electrical plans, elevations, details/sections, and finish specifications;
- coordination with other project consultants including weekly check-ins;
- a review meeting with you for final sign-off on plans; and
- preparation of all materials required so you can apply for a building permit.
TENDER AND PROJECT ADMINISTRATION
ENSURING THE QUALITY OF THE BUILT SPACE MATCHES THAT OF THE DESIGNED SPACE.
We have established relationships with a variety of General Contractors who can participate in the project tender. We are able to recognize General Contractors who will best fit your project goals allowing you to obtain the best combination of pricing, quality, and scheduling.
You have invested time and money into a thoughtful design plan, now we will act as the mediator between you and the General Contractor while entertaining solutions when changes are required.
In the Tender and Project Administration stage you may receive:
- pre-qualification of 3 General Contractors to participate in project tender;
- communication with bidders during tender;
- issue clarifications and addenda during tender;
- coordination of contract between you and your selected General Contractor;
- construction kick-off meeting;
- communication with you and the General Contractor over the course of construction;
- review of shop drawings and submittals;
- site visits to review any deficiencies and inspect completed work;
- documentation as needed to monitor changes and provide direction to the General Contractor; and
- review progress invoices submitted by the General Contractor and provide certificates for payment.
OTHER OPTIONAL SERVICES
CUSTOMIZE YOUR PACKAGE.
Every project is different, so we offer a variety of optional services tailored to your needs.
Optional services you may need include:
- As-built drawings that reflect the finished project including any changes. This is ideal to have on hand for future projects.
- Photo-realistic renderings ensure you have the visual wow-factor you need to present your project and gain the support of investors and stakeholders.
- An inventory of existing furniture and equipment allows you to do what you do best by engaging our designers to complete the list on your behalf.
- Project styling adds that finishing touch to a well-designed space with artwork and accessories.